Udemy is the world’s largest marketplace for teaching and learning. More than 20,000 expert instructors have published 40,000 online courses on Udemy on everything from programming to yoga, marketing to guitar, photography to cake decorating, and so much more! Over 12 million students in 150+ countries are taking these courses to advance their careers and pursue their passions. Each course is available on-demand, 24 / 7, via the iPhone, iPad, Android and Web.
9 Things I Love About Taking Courses in Udemy:
- For lifelong learners, Udemy has a tremendous breadth of course topics for you to take to continue your learning. (Explore course offerings by clicking the Udemy graphic above which is my affiliate link.)
- Of the online learning platforms I have experienced, there is more interaction in the Discussion Forums between other students in the courses and the instructor.
- Udemy uses an instructor application process and monitors course content for quality. The Udemy team will only approve course videos that meet its standards. Summary: You have to be approved as an instructor in Udemy before you can upload course content, and your content for each course you offer has to be approved by the Udemy team before going live. Students can depend on the quality of Udemy courses because of these standards.
- The Udemy app is awesome! I love using the Udemy app on my mobile device for viewing or listening to course content. I’m more likely to listen to a course while commuting then I am to watch the video.
- Udemy provides the option for instructors to set a number of course videos in preview mode, so you can check out the content before you purchase.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee from Udemy makes the decision to purchase a course no-risk.
- Once you enroll in a course, you typically will get offers from your instructor to enroll in new courses they have recently created. These offers usually include discounts that make enrolling in an additional course pretty appealing.
- Ratings and reviews by students provide terrific insight about course content, instructional style and learning outcomes.
- Access to your course is unlimited so you can watch/use the content over and over. Many instructors will update content or add to the content, so you can continue learning long after enrolling in a course.
In this course, you will learn techniques for improving the quality of your Periscope broadcasts. These tips also work for Facebook Live or other live streaming apps for the mobile phone. Click the link to enroll for a discounted price of only $24 Periscope: Improve Your Scopes and Grow Your Followers.
If you have been using the Periscope live streaming video app to share your message with your followers, you’ll find applicable nuggets in this course to help you improve your scopes and grow your number of followers. It’s also a course you should add to your course list in Udemy if you’d like to start using Periscope or Facebook Live in the future.
You will gain from the hours I spent scoping daily for six months to get the feel for the platform and needs of my audience. You’ll also benefit from the time I’ve spent watching and learning from other broadcasters. I share my experiences, tips and techniques in this course.
In this Udemy course, you will gain confidence that you can get started right away in the recording of a video for your online course, YouTube channel or website using equipment that you most likely already have (or that would be relatively low-cost to acquire). I recorded each video with a very simple recording setup that included a tripod, lavalier mic and my smartphone. In some videos, I used a softbox light to demonstrate how that can change the scene, but I also show you course videos that use natural lighting or lighting that you would have around your home or office. To get this course for a discounted price of $24, follow the links in this course description or photo …
This is a documentary-style course about life on the home front in the US during World War 2. I interview my 93-year-young mom who lived these experiences first hand as a young bride, newly-married to my dad, who was, at the time, training to be a multi-engine, bomber pilot. You will not only hear me draw her stories out in short, on-camera interviews, but you’ll also get to learn about several of my dad’s
experiences during World War 2. He flew 30 missions in a B-24. His second mission was D-Day. He later flew as a flight test engineer at a tow-target base in England. In total, he had 23 years of service in the military with his career starting in the US Army Air Corps, which later became the US Air Force. To get this course for only $17, follow this link …
To check out the many other courses available in Udemy, I would be thrilled if you would use my affiliate link to do your course shopping! Simply click on the graphic below or the Udemy graphic higher on the page:
These are popular courses in Udemy that you might want to consider …
Vickie Maris is an elearning strategist, instructor, author, musician, & Lean Six Sigma Black Belt who passionately shares her expertise in her conten. In her eclectic life, she plays acoustic guitar and piano accordion, is a singer/songwriter, and performs in the band Scott Greeson and Trouble With Monday. She and her hubby, Scott Greeson, live on a hobby farm in Indiana with llamas, rabbits, a Jack Russell Terrier, Connemara pony and one, in-charge, cat. Vickie also has an Etsy shop in which she sells llama roving, yarn and Angora rabbit fluff.